Scan the negatives, retouch and produce high quality digital images
- Cleaner images, can remove dust and scratch marks
- Can control levels, making grey prints look more contrasty
- Crop the images
- Quicker process
- Cheaper, no paper or chemicals needed
- The true negative isn’t shown
- No physical print is used
Scan the prints, digitising the interpretation of the negative as undertaken in the darkroom environment
- Exactly as the negative is
- Shows you can work in the dark room
- Suggest how you would like them to be seen – borders etc.
- Making use of the prints
- Any dirt on the negative print will be scanned in
I have chosen to scan in my prints, as i feel for my website i would like clean, crisp prints. I enjoy making the negatives look exactly how i would like them to be portrayed with the levels, instead of working with limitations in the dark room.