The main types of insurance a photographer will need is:

Public Liability Insurance

This covers photographers against third party claims ( other members of the public). These claims can be for injury or damage you may of caused to another person or their property. If you scratched someones car with a tripod, the owner can claim against you, and this compensation will be covered by the Insurance.

Professional indemnity Insurance

This provides essential cover if the photographer is in a dispute with a client. The cost of defending themselves are paid, or compensation is paid to the client. This covers things like loss of media from an event like a wedding.

Photographic equipment insurance

Insuring your photography kit is a key part of insurance. You need to be able to replace a camera or laptop quickly, knowing that you don’t have to pay out the full amount. I find loss cover is helpful as it is very easy to loose kit on the job.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s